BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tamara

Days later, I learned that there was going to be an inspection. They would look for imposters, and soldiers who are laying in the hospital when they are well enough to go back to the fighting.

They did not come to me, though they made a huge scene of the other people that they did check. The rest of us watched, and when one man got a medal he didn't want, Tamara, a nurse was the only one who listened to him and took it off.

Tamara was really pretty and I had a crush on her. She knew I did, and many other soldiers did too. The doctors removed my abdominal bandaging, and Tamara helped. She talked to me a little, although she supposedly had a boyfriend.

Nikolai's legs were infected, and they both had to be removed. While, I was slowly beginning to walk again, I felt guilty about him not being able to.

Every now and then I would show signs of my coming out of amnesia, mostly because I would slip and make a mistake sometimes. I got a letter from Alexandr's parents, which made me feel guilty because I'd given them a false hope that their son was alive.

Tamara saw me read the letter and she saw that I was upset. When I told her, "I'm nobody," she said that to her I'm not nobody, which left me pondering what she meant about that, because maybe she might have the same feelings for me as I have for her.

0 comments: