BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Deaths

I grew close to Tamara. I would always be around her, especially helping her with medical stuff. But as I was talking to her one time, I learned that her father had died when she was much younger and all she had was a brother.

A few days later, she was holding a letter and she looked as if she had been crying. She told me her brother had died too.

But on the bright side for me, in a way, she had no boyfriend. The one everyone thought was her boyfriend happened to be her brother.

For a long time after that, Tamara wouldn't focus and she seemed lost. Then, Zoya slapped her and explained to her that she must concentrate, and slowly, Tamara became her normal self again.

I went to where she lived, with Zoya to pick her up. But while I was there, boiling water fell on my arm, and I screamed in pain, in German. Tamara was standing there then, and she panicked, not knowing who I was. She could tell I spoke German, but she kept quiet and didn't tell anyone anything.

Another inspection took place that day, and me and another person, Mikhos, were declared recovered and we were to be sent back to war.

Tamara came on the bus with us, and so did Zoya. Suddenly grenades hit the bus, and we scrambled out and started running in the forest. We lost Zoya and Mikhos, and out of the whole bus, only me, Tamara, and Sergo were left.

We, because of Sergo, decided to go to America. I knew it wouldn't be possible, we even had an ocean to cross to do that, but just to please him we said yes. We walked for a long time, then were attacked by Germans. There, Sergo left us, and Tamara and I were on our own.

The only reason we got free from them was because I spoke in German to them. Again, Tamara was frightened and she didn't know what to think of me. But she listened to me, and we got out safely.

0 comments: